Terre des Hommes Netherlands (TdH-NL) is looking for a communications intern who will provide support in the implementation of all the communication activities in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Madagascar. The communications intern will report and receive technical guidance from the Senior Regional Communications Officer in East Africa with whom (s)he will work closely with.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide support in the implementation of communications plans for the East African region
- Provide support in the implementation of communication activities to raise awareness of the new strategy to various audiences across the region
- Develop monthly content calendars (with visuals and captions) for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) to raise TdH NL’s visibility.
- Prepare monthly newsletters to showcase Terre des Hommes Netherlands’s work in countries and in the region.
- Maintain, update and improve the Terre des Hommes Netherlands website for East Africa, following the Terre des Hommes Netherlands communication planning for East Africa.
- Write and publish high-quality case stories to be used for internal and external communication purposes.
- Produce communication and profiling materials for the region, such as one-pager fact sheets, profiles, reports.
- Assist in supporting the country teams with their communication needs, such as reviewing Information, Education and Communication materials, reviewing stories/reports, videos, ensuring compliance to branding guidelines.
- Conduct media monitoring and coordinate with regional and country media contacts for publicity & visibility in various channels that include TV, radio & print.
- Conduct research on various topics and also develop monthly progress reports.
- Provide communication support to country teams during physical and virtual events
- Complete any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or multimedia.
- Experience in Social Media and web content management (including working with content management software).
- Experience in writing and editing various communication products for various audiences, knowledge of graphic design (experience with Canva or Adobe) and experience with various platforms (Google Analytics, Buffer, Meltwater, Google Ad words, Tweetdeck, Mailchimp).
- Computer literacy: well conversant with working in the Google Cloud and its applications (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc), including basic skills in working with photo and video editing software.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in fluent English.
- Good command of French will be an added asset.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and teamwork skills.
- Thorough and precise working style, with strong attention to detail.
- Dynamic, self-motivated and self-starting personality who can be proactive and take initiative.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of child protection issues in East Africa.
- Ability to plan and organise well, setting goals and achieving results in line with the goals set.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond flexibly to changing priorities.
- Ability to think ‘outside the box for creative communication solutions.
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor his/ her work.
Interested candidates are invited to send a motivation letter, together with your Curriculum Vitae and a maximum of three recent examples of any editorial work by email with subject line Communications Intern East Africa to: firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than by Friday, 21 January 2022.
More details of the internship opportunity can be found on the Terms Of Reference (TOR) which can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.