Are you a versatile, courageous and creative person with a ‘can do’ attitude, a passion for child rights / human rights and a keen interest in EU policies? Then we have an interesting opportunity for you!
In the context of the latest priorities of the European Commission and the EU response to child sexual exploitation and abuse (CSEA), new opportunities emerge for strategically introducing TdH topics at the EU level and for exploring present and future fundraising possibilities related to CSEA .
You will lead the design and implementation of an advocacy strategy towards the European Union on the protection of children from sexual exploitation and abuse, both in the internal and external EU context, in close cooperation with the lobby team in The Hague and the team of the International Secretariat of the Terre des Hommes International Federation in Brussels.
You will proactively seek, monitor and promote funding opportunities to further develop the global programs of Terre des Hommes Netherlands related to the protection of children from sexual exploitation and abuse including child labor, and this in close collaboration with head office in the Netherlands and teams in 17 countries.
You will identify, research, analyse and pursue opportunities to engage with the EU in efforts to increase the protection of children against sexual exploitation and abuse, in both internal and external EU policies. This may cover:
1) Monitoring, in cooperation with staff of the TDHNL HQ and the TDHIF IS, relevant internal and external EU policy developments including (the implementation of) the Directive on combating the sexual abuse and sexual exploitation of children and child pornography, the EU Strategy for Victim’s rights , the EU Digital Strategy for Europe, EU Action Plan on Human Rights and Democracy and the announced the announced EU Strategy European strategy to fight child sexual abuse.
2) Developing targeted and timely background notes, policy papers and recommendations to support the advocacy work, and pro-actively seeking opportunities to promote them.
3) In close co-operation with the TDHIF IS, engage and collaborate with key stakeholders relevant to the protection of children from sexual exploitation and abuse, including i.a. the EU institutions and relevant agencies (FRA, Europol), the Alliance for and the Expert Group on Safer Internet for Children, Expert Group on Safer Internet for Children, Safer Internet Centres, WeProtect Global Alliance and other key players, and representing TDHNL in relevant fora (e.g. Concord).
4) Complement, contribute to and support the work of the TDHIF IS to enhance EU policy, legislation and funding to protect children against sexual exploitation and abuse, and through that, improve the visibility of the movement of Terre des Hommes at EU level.
5) Identify EU funding opportunities for the further development of TDHNL’s global programs on the protection of children against sexual exploitation and abuse, in both internal and external funding instruments;
6) Support TDHNL in drafting successful funding applications and reporting to the EU on EU funded programs related to the protection of children from sexual exploitation and abuse and worst forms of child labor.
7) You will combine thematic expertise with specific EU-advocacy abilities. You will contribute to and further develop expertise on combating commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC), intervention strategies on worst forms of child labor and related TdH topics (such as SRHR, knowledge and understanding of development issues)
You will report into the Manager Lobby, Expertise and Programs. Ad hoc travel may be required (est. 4 / 6 times per year)
You are a versatile, courageous and creative person with a ‘can do’ attitude, a passion for child rights / human rights and a keen interest in EU policies. You feel comfortable handling a variety of tasks in the interest of the cause of your organization. You’re a self-starter, who feels comfortable in coordinating efforts involving multi-locational partners. A natural networker with excellent social skills, you feel at ease in representational roles. You are thorough, with a good eye for detail and a strong analytic mind. You are resilient and have a flexible and friendly character.
Do you like to become part of our team? Please upload your application before the 24rd of July.
The first round of interviews will take place in the week of 27th of July
Terre des Hommes Netherlands is a member of the Terre des Hommes International Federation (TDHIF). More information on our work is available here: http://www.terredeshommes.org
Terre des Hommes Netherlands aims to guarantee the safety of children and does not accept any form of child abuse. Every Terre des Hommes employee is bound by the Child Safeguarding Standards, part of our Code of Conduct. That is why a Certificate of Good Conduct is requested from every employee, which counts as part of the employment contract.
Terre des Hommes is unfortunately not able to provide a work / residence visa for applicants outside the EU.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Do you want to join our team as our new EU Advocacy and Funding Officer? Then we'd love to hear from you!