The Finance and Administration Officer, who will be based in Nairobi, will work within the Kenya Country Team under the guidance of the Finance and Administration Manager, Kenya. He/ She will support and work closely with the programme staff and implementing partners staff.
Objective of the Position
To provide accurate and timely financial reporting for the Country Office and implementing partners; ensure overall smooth running of the Country and Field Offices and ensure compliance with TdH NL Policies and Guidelines.
- To ensure efficient and sound day to day running of the country office.
- To ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- To ensure timely procurement of goods and services for the Country and Field Offices.
- To provide timely support to implementing partners.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Country Office Administration & ICT
- In consultation with the Finance and Administration Manager, coordinate the day-to-day management of the Country and Field offices and office assets and consumables, as per established TdH NL procedures.
- Maintenance of up to date Assets Registers.
- To facilitate sound data entry systems for the country office and TdH NL partners in-country; and take appropriate and timely action in consultation with the Head Office in case of ICT issues.
- To ensure a proper filing system is in place for all Country and Implementing Partners documents.
- To assist with the preparation and monitoring of operational budgets, in consultation with the Finance and Administration Manager..
- To be responsible for all financial transactions as per established procedures, as well as maintain up-to-date accounts in QuickBooks, including filing and safekeeping of documentation.
- To ensure timely preparation of vouchers and provide all supporting documentation for review and approval.
- To process payments (Cash and Bank) as scheduled.
- To be responsible for compiling and submission of accurate, timely and complete monthly financial reports of the Country Office and co-implemented projects.
- To ensure accurate cost allocations and reporting.
- To ensure monthly reconciliations of Staff Advance Accounts.
- To ensure all journals are fully supported and approved.
- To prepare monthly Bank and Cash Reconciliations.
- To be responsible for compliance to all bank requirements.
- In conjunction with the Finance and Administration Manager, review and update the organizationś Internal Controls and ensure full compliance.
- To ensure timely monthly close-out procedures in QuickBooks are carried out.
- To support Annual Audits for the Country Office, both External and Internal to ensure completion within agreed timelines.
- To ensure maintenance of audit reports and documentation at the country office and follow up of recommendations for full closure.
- Ensure Partner/project audits are completed within agreed timelines
Capacity building of partners
- To support organizational capacity assessments, for project partners and follow up on agreed Capacity Development Plans.
- To support Partners in budget development in line with TdH NL and Donor templates.
- To make monitoring visits to Implementing Partners, to review financial reports and support documents and provide actionable recommendations.
- To develop Financial Reporting Templates for new Partners and support Partner Finance staff in their use.
- Ensure all Partner reports are submitted on time for review and consolidation.
- To ensure all Partners Budget projections are updated in line with Work Plans.
- Ensure compliance to Donor and TdH NL Guidelines.
- To maintain good relationships with project partners, provide capacity-building training in finance and administration as may be appropriate.
- To support the Country Team in staff recruitment as required.
- To carry out any other duties that can reasonably be required of this position.