Stichting Terre des Hommes Netherlands aims to prevent child exploitation, to remove children from exploitative situations and to ensure that these children can continue their development in a safe environment. Terre des Hommes focuses on sexual exploitation of children, the worst forms of child labour, child trafficking and migration, and on child protection in humanitarian crises. For each of these forms of child exploitation, Terre des Hommes is developing and implementing projects and programmes directly, through local and international partners.
How are you going to make an impact
To effectively carry out our mandate and to properly carry out an effective humanitarian programme, as well as achieve TdH´s Strategic Objectives we need a Senior Fundraiser.
The purpose of this role is to support and strengthen the humanitarian programs through developing strong partnerships, fundraising and effective grant management.
Position within the organisation
The position is part of the Institutional Partnerships Unit made up of 5 people and reports directly to the Manager of Institutional Partnership and closely working with the senior Humanitarian Aid coordinator, Regional Program Development managers and the Country Humanitarian Focal Points. The role is for 36 hours a week and is based in The Hague with occasional travel to the region and country offices.
Key result areas
- Development and realisation of humanitarian fundraising strategic plan
- Develop/revise humanitarian funding strategy of TdH;
- Oversees the implementation and execution of TdH’s humanitarian fundraising strategy;
- Maintain strong relations with current humanitarian donors and establish new relations with institutional donors, INGO’s, government bodies and other stakeholders;
- Support country offices in developing their humanitarian program fundraising strategies, track record and accessing institutional donors;
- Institutional fundraising for TdH humanitarian portfolio: ECHO, USAID, Dutch Relief Alliance, Giro 555, other bilateral and multilateral donors and Country Based Pooled Funds.
- Lead development of humanitarian proposals for a variety of donors by closely collaborating with the country humanitarian team, regional program development manager and the HO humanitarian technical staff.
- Effective grant management
- Develops, prepares, writes and submits grants, proposals, applications, and reporting.
- Prepares and compiles all components of each grant submission, ensuring that the proposal is formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with granting agency requirements.
- Maintains a portfolio of active and pipeline grants and provides monthly regular status reports.
- Prepare partnership MoUs, grant agreements, amendments/modifications
- Maintains effective database systems for recording and tracking grant proposals, awards, and related information.
- Develops and maintains a library of reference documentation, including information on funding agency requirements and templates, profiles and CVs, and reference literature, and other applicable material.
- Manage grant logistics and coordination including effective communication, reporting, and administration.
- Collect relevant information on the progress and results of the grant to report back to key stakeholders.
- Partnership management
- Establish and maintain a humanitarian partnership database that maps out partner capacity, influence, and strategic alignment.
- Work with the Senior Humanitarian Aid Coordinator to set up systems for working with partners in humanitarian response in alignment with Core Humanitarian Standards.
- Work across departments to identify and address partnership related action points, and to introduce new ways of working to make partnerships more effective.
- Regularly assess the current partnership portfolio identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and risks related to current partners.
- Facilitate partners feedback sessions and work closely with different TdH departments on the partnership improvement plans.
- Identify and explore new partnerships, including the updating of the partnership mapping and establishing relationships for collaborating in humanitarian action.
- Conduct partners capacity assessment.
- Maintain good relationships with existing and establish new partnerships with new donors.
- Work closely with operations (risk and compliance) to ensure partnership and risk assessments are conducted and relevant partnership functions and compliance are maintained.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Master's degree humanitarian action, project management, development studies, social sciences, business administration or related fields;
- At least 7 years relevant experience in humanitarian fundraising, grant and partnership management; with at least 3 years experience in the field (country of operation).
- Proven skills in program cycle management - initiation, design, implementation and evaluation;
- Direct experience in managing grants with at least three of these major donors: ECHO, USAID, UN, Dutch Relief Alliance, Giro 555 (SHO), Nordic governments and country based pooled funds;
- Experience in conducting partners capacity assessment;
- Proven experience in using organisational grant and partnership management systems;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including a good track record of report writing;
- Commitment to our vision, mission and values and an understanding of a partnership approach to development.
- Previous experience working with local partner organisations.
- Experience in program portfolio management in Africa, Asia, Middle East.
- Able to work in the Netherlands.
- Excellent proficiency in English and Dutch is required.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- A job where you can really make a difference for children.
- An organisation with enthusiastic colleagues, everyone likes to contribute to Terre des Hommes from their own discipline;
- An easily accessible office in the middle of bustling The Hague, the city of human rights and (international) politics and partly working from home options.
- A one-year contract, with the possibility to extend
- The salary scale is depending on your experience and skills between 3,500 and 5,000,- euro’s gross a month.
Our benefits fit within the charity sector, including a pension plan, travel allowance, 25 vacation days and flexible working hours
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload your motivation letter and curriculum vitae clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications for this position, no later than 7 June 2022 . For more information about this position you can contact Arelys Yanez firstname.lastname@example.org
Terre des Hommes aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also our high standard of values and principles to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct.
Terre des Hommes in particular is committed to keeping children and vulnerable individuals safe and does not accept any form of (child) abuse. Every Terre des Hommes employee is bound by the Child Safeguarding Policy and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Policy, part of our Code of Conduct. Child safeguarding measures are part of our selection and recruitment process.
Note: We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. All offers of employment will therefore be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which include criminal records, Certificate of Conduct (Verklaring omtrent Gedrag) and/or terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment. By submitting your application you accept that Terre des Hommes will conduct such pre-employment screening for successful candidates. Terre des Hommes participates in the Inter- Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
Terre des Hommes is unfortunately not able to provide a work / residence visa for applicants outside the EU.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.