We are looking for an experienced financial controller (32-36h/wk). Experience within the non-profit sector is a must.
Working at Terre des Hommes is fighting against exploitation of children. Worldwide. Without discriminating. With respect for local cultures.
We will challenge you to …
You have the right balance between administrative accuracy and entrepreneurial pragmatism. You will be part of the Finance team and reporting to the Head of Finance and ICT. The assistant controller and the finance officer will report directly to you.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare financial reports and statements including the annual accounts;
- Monitor and assess cash flows, asset management and solvency in relation to the equity and forecasted cash flows;
- Consolidation of the financial administration of our 9 country offices in Africa and Asia;
- Financial control of the 40+ Terre des Hommes vintage shops;
- Internal control management: the systems as well as the organisational culture geared towards quality, transparency and ‘do as we say’;
- Design, implement and control administrative and accounting guidelines;
- Support compliance with internal procedures and with donor requirements;
- Leading contact for external audits;
- Team lead for the financial control team (2 supporting staff);
- Support to the business controller and project monitoring where necessary;
- Managing ad-hoc requests from the Head of Finance & ICT.
Who are you..
- A bachelor-degree in Business Administration, Finance & Control, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar function;
- Experience with working in a multinational project oriented organisation;
- Experience with financial management of government and institutional funding and private foundations;
- Experience with preparing statutory accounts for NGOs, as well as financial information and narrative reports for different audiences.
- Working knowledge of internal controls, and of laws and regulations on salaries, tax, insurance and legacies;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and accounting systems (Exact Online or equivalent). Working knowledge of Salesforce or NGO Online is seen as an advantage;
- Good communication and counselling skills at different levels as well as a good fluency in English;
- Competences: strong analytical skills, helicopter view, hands-on and result oriented, strong in planning and organizing, accurate and proactive, ability to handle reporting under tight deadlines, and team management;
What do we have to offer you!
- Terre des Hommes initiates fundraising, develops programs and carries out projects. In doing so, the organization - and therefore you - is visible and tangible every day through all aspects of development and humanitarian aid. We offer:
- A job where you can make a difference for children in need.
- An organization with enthusiastic and highly motivated colleagues, everyone likes to contribute to Terre des Hommes from their own discipline;
- An easily accessible office in the middle of bustling The Hague, the city of human rights and (international) politics. Increasing working-from-home facilities.
- A definite contract for one year, with the intention to extend into an indefinite period after one year;
- The salary range for this position is between 3.426,- and 4.822,- euro per month gross.
- A benefits package in line with the Dutch charity sector, including a pension scheme, travel and telephone allowance and 25 vacation days.
- Company drinks and social events on one of the nicest squares in The Hague (after corona)
Do you like to become part of a great finance team? Please upload your application before 29 November 2020. The first round of interviews will take place in the first week of December.
Terre des Hommes is committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are encouraged to apply for this position. Terre des Hommes aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also our high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Terre des Hommes commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which include criminal records and/or terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment. By submitting your application you accept that Terre des Hommes will conduct such pre-employment screening for successful candidates. Terre des Hommes participates in the Inter- Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
Terre des Hommes is unfortunately not able to provide a work / residence visa for applicants outside the EU.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated but sharing is!