Working at Terre des Hommes is fighting against child exploitation and for equal opportunities and giving support to exploited children. Worldwide. Without discriminating. With respect for local cultures.
What will you do and how will you make an impact?
- You co-develop and implement strategies to engage local, national and international businesses to work against child labour and uphold the children’s rights and business principles. These strategies are incorporated into our country and international programmes as part of our holistic approach to fight child exploitation.
- You will act as a CSR and supply chain expert both externally with businesses (both down- and upstream), platforms and (international) fora, and internally by advising the organisation on all policy matters relating to responsible business practices, specifically in the context of our child labour programme, mica.
- You will lobby and advocate for corporate due diligence and participate in various platforms that the mica programme is engaged in (e.g. Pension Covenant mica deep dive cae; MVO platform, TdH International Federation etc.). You will actively participate in the Working Groups and other collaboration with the Responsible Mica Initiative
- You will coordinate and contribute to research of the mica programme, including a stakeholder mapping of the Madagascar mica supply chain, contribute to partner research on for example living wage and support the initiation of further research
- You hold deep and up-to-date knowledge on (the elimination of) human rights, more specifically child labour, business and children’s rights principles, and engagement with relevant stakeholders (private sector), through research and networking.
- You will work towards expanding and facilitating TdH’s projects through strong involvement in programme development and (institutional) fundraising. Your main focus will be the Mica program, with the objective to eradicate child labour issues in the mica industry through comprehensive interventions in India and in Europe and in Madagascar. Terre des Hommes also strives to develop new and innovative programming to address the complexity of child exploitation. It is expected from the advisor to contribute significantly to this.
- You will ensure all Private Sector aspects of TdH programming is of excellent quality and that all programmes contribute to Terre des Hommes’ strategic objectives, global learning and advocacy. The post holder is expected to provide advice and support to programme staff and our partners to ensure programming objectives are successfully achieved.
- A masters degree in a relevant field such as business management, international business administration, international development studies or international relations and multi-year (3+) relevant experience working in international development and/or CSR.
- Experience with CSR of children’s rights / human rights and business principles in a corporate setting. In-depth knowledge of child labour, private sector engagement, supply chains and responsible sourcing is preferred.
- Experience working on due diligence requirements (as set bij the OECD) with both upstream and downstream industry, with regards to supply chain transparency, risk analysis and mitigation, fair pricing and living wage.
- Strong presenting and networking skills developed through engagement in national and international networks and fora.
- Ability to create dialogue and connect with multiple audiences, especially with international and national businesses, to speak about CSR and child exploitation and develop strategies to elimatie child labour together
- Proven experience in the development and implementation of strategic policies and research projects.
- Proven involvement in successful institutional fundraising with multiple donors.
- Excellent command of English and preferably Dutch and/or French
- Preferably: Experience with strategic programme communication and lobby & advocacy
- Preferably: Experience working on child protection programmes with (I)NGOs and living and working in TdH programming countries or other development settings.
What we have to offer you!
Terre des Hommes carries out programs and projects itself, the majority of our projects are implemented by local CSOs. Therefore also your contribution is visible and tangible every day. We offer:
- A job where you can really make a difference for children.
- An organisation with enthusiastic colleagues, everyone likes to contribute to Terre des Hommes’ objectives from own discipline;
- An easily accessible office in the middle of bustling The Hague, the city of human rights and (international) politics.
- A one-year contract, with the intention to extend into an indefinite period after one year;
- Our benefits fit within the charity sector, including a pension scheme, travel allowance and 25 vacation days.
Do you like to become part of our lobby and expertise team? Please upload your application including motivation letter and CV before 6 December 2021
Terre des Hommes Netherlands is committed to keeping children safe and does not accept any form of child abuse. Every Terre des Hommes employee is bound by the Child Safeguarding Policy, part of our Code of Conduct. That is why a Certificate of Good Conduct is requested from every employee, which counts as part of the employment contract. Additional child safeguarding measures are part of our selection and recruitment process.
Terre des Hommes is unfortunately not able to provide a work / residence visa for applicants outside the EU.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.