Are you passionate about children's rights and do have experience with Corporate Social Responsibility or similar in the corporate sector? Do you hold up-to-date knowledge on child labour, supply chains, corporate policies and the children’s rights and business principles? Then we have an interesting job offer for you!
As Advisor, you are part of the global Lobby and Expertise team (L&E). The L&E team supports the development of our organisational (strategic) focus, programme themes, country programmes, institutional fundraising and the relation between these. The team supports and coordinates research as well as lobby & advocacy activities with governments and business at national and international level. You report to the manager Lobby, Expertise and Programs.
The L&E team consists of 7 ambitious advisors with different backgrounds and expertise. They focus on the issue of child exploitation, with four key programme themes centered around:
1. The worst forms of Child Labour;
2. (Commercial) Sexual Exploitation of Children;
3. Child Trafficking and Unsafe Migration;
4. Child Abuse / Child Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights.
* You co-develop and implement strategies to engage local, national and international businesses to work against child labour and uphold the children’s rights and business principles. These strategies are incorporated into our country and international programmes as part of our holistic approach to fight child exploitation.
* You will act as a CSR and supply chain expert both externally with businesses, platforms and (international) fora, and internally by advising the organisation on all policy matters relating to responsible business practices, specifically in the context of our child labour programme, mica.
* You hold deep and up-to-date knowledge on (the elimination of) child labour, business and children’s rights principles, and engagement with relevant stakeholders (private sector), through research and networking.
* You will work towards expanding and facilitating TdH’s projects through strong involvement in programme development and (institutional) fundraising. Your main focus will be the Mica program, with the objective to eradicate child labour issues in the mica industry through comprehensive interventions in India and in Europe, and soon in Madagascar. Terre des Hommes also strives to develop new and innovative programming to address the complexity of child exploitation. It is expected from the advisor to contribute significantly to this.
* You will ensure all programming is of excellent quality and that all programmes contribute to Terre des Hommes’ strategic objectives, global learning and advocacy. The post holder is expected to provide advice and support to programme staff and our partners to ensure programming objectives are successfully achieved.
Do you like to become part of our lobby and expertise team? Please upload your application before August 30th 2020
The first round of interviews will take place at the 3rd and 7th of September from 15:00- 17:00.
Terre des Hommes Netherlands is committed to keeping children safe and does not accept any form of child abuse. Every Terre des Hommes employee is bound by the Child Safeguarding Policy, part of our Code of Conduct. That is why a Certificate of Good Conduct is requested from every employee, which counts as part of the employment contract. Additional child safeguarding measures are part of our selection and recruitment process.
Terre des Hommes is unfortunately not able to provide a work / residence visa for applicants outside the EU.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.